A Letter To My BFF Turned Bully

Dear BFF Turned Bully,

     On the first day of 7th grade I knew we would be the best of friends. We did so many things together we were almost like sisters. We had sleepovers on school nights, went to concerts together, carpooled to school, and dressed alike to school pretty often. I trusted you and would tell you every detail of my life. I knew you would never leave my side and you soon proved me wrong.

     To this day I have never really gotten a chance to talk to you. To tell you all the pain you put me through, the tears you created, or the trust issues you caused that I am still getting through. You made me feel so small, like I was worthless. I spent many lunches in bathrooms, the library, or just by myself. I want to know were all those mean things you said and did worth it? I often wonder, how does this make you feel? Why did you turn all of my friends against me? To this day you still never told me exactly what I did to you.

     October 31, 2014 is the last time I saw you. I have grown so much and have even brought myself to forgive you in a way. I actually want to say thank you. Thank you for making me learn the valuable life lesson that everyone is not going to like you. As crazy as it sounds I developed thick skin, gained perseverance, and I now realize you had your own anger to take care of, and you took it out on me. I realize that no one is perfect and we all regret something we have done every now and then. I can honestly say I have moved on, maybe you have too, or maybe you do not feel any remorse at all. Either way life goes on and the world goes around, I now have an understanding of what friendship is and what it isn't.

Stay Strong & Stay Positive,
Courtney Jay💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did You Make The Clique ?

Spring Into 2017

Back To School Bashers