The Skin I'm In

Hello Bashers! I am very eager about this weeks blog topic and hope you all enjoy!

I am sure you have heard of the book, The Skin I'm In by Sharon G. Flake. I have read that book so many times and it is truly empowering. I say that to say how much it contributed to my confidence and to tell you all a story about a teen in Pennsylvania. Tayja Jones-Banks is a junior and decided to go to prom this year! She said she felt amazing and posted pictures after she left the prom that night. The next morning her pictures were all over the internet and not in a positive way. People commenting on her prom outfit saying she looked "fat" and "shouldn't have been wearing that." Tayja was hurt because she felt so confident the day before. She then updated her status and said she wish she had never gone to prom or posted any pictures. This situation hurts my heart because I can relate to that feeling of humiliation.

My heart truly goes out to Tayja and her family! I actually responded to Tayja on Twitter and told her how pretty she looked! You should always be careful what you say online because words can hurt. Even though you may not know someone that does not mean you can say whatever as if they are not a real person. Tayja saw the negative comments about her and everyone who left a comment probably was not thinking about Tayja's feelings. So everyone, think before you act!

Tayja, I hope you to continue to be the beautiful girl you are and I hope to see more prom pictures next year! If anyone knows her social media sites please share this with her!

Stay strong & stay positive,
Courtney Jay 💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Into 2017

Did You Make The Clique ?

Back To School Bashers