A Letter To My Bystanders

This weeks blog is a letter to my bystanders. As I stated a few blogs ago according to Merriam - Webster dictionary a bystander is: a person who is standing near but not taking part in what is happening. 

Dear Bystanders,

You all were my friends, but you were also the friends of my bully. You saw me be tormented, embarrassed, and humiliated daily. I'm not sure if you ever told them to stop, but it didn't seem like it. I understand if you were torn on choosing friends, but why did you always choose the bully over me. Is it because you wanted to be in the "in-crowd"? When we were in private you would express your sympathy, but made excuses about why you never said anything. You said things like you don't want to be picked on too or left out. I looked to you all for a shoulder to lean on, or some support, but you were never there. 

Looking back on it, you all really made a difference in my life. You all taught me another important life lesson, to always stand up for yourself and others. You all helped shape the pledge for Bash Out Bullying where I prominently state that you should stand up for everyone. Maybe at the time you simply did not know what a bystander was or maybe you didn't think you were one. Whichever the case may be, please remember that standing up for someone can help so much, you can help the bullying stop or you can even save a life.

Stay strong and stay positive,
Courtney Jay 💜


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Into 2017

Did You Make The Clique ?

Back To School Bashers